Sunday, January 17, 2010

Strummin'

My guitar is quickly becoming my most treasured possession. Playing it is like an addiction. I have to do it every single day. I refer to the calluses on my fingers as little badges of honor. To think, 3 months ago, I didn't have a clue as to how to play. But, today, I have a plethora of songs in my repertoire. I've done many things to be proud of in my life, but I think this tops the list.

It's been a great couple of days. Beautiful weather, amazing football games, working at Path, & quality time in my own bed. I have class in the morning and I could not be more excited! It seems as if it's been forever since I've concentrated on my education. From what I understand, we'll be working on forward graduation, which is a favourite of mine. I'm not perfect at it by any means, but it's fun to do and has a beautiful finish.

Although I'm a resident of the great state of Texas now, I was so happy to see the Cowboys go down today! Tony Romo is a douche and they ruined my Saints' perfect season. Needless to say, I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy being different. One more game and my team will be in the Super Bowl! It's going to be an intense week leading up to next week's play-off game!

I'm headed off to continue practicing. Can't wait for my next showcase! I'm sure there will be plenty of open-mic nights to keep me busy in the meantime.

"Wired and I'm tired/ Think I'll sleep in my clothes on the floor/ Maybe this mattress will turn on it's axis/ And find me in yours." -John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment